Sunday, May 17, 2015

Week : 11

Date :
 May 11, 2015 ; May 14, 2015 ; May 15, 2015

Topic :Food Spoilage & Waste water Treatment

Activities, Notes & Reflection :

On Monday, we learnt about the microorganisms that cause the spoilage of food. Generally, there are many factor that promote the growth of microbes on food including the extrinsic and intrinsic factors. Extrinsic factors include the temperature while intrinsic factors are moisture, pH and nutrient content. From what I understand, intrinsic is more to the condition of the food whereas extrinsic is referring to the surrounding condition of that food. During the next class, Dr Wan taught us the new topic which is waste water treatment. All of my male classmate also had been asked by Dr Wan to present in front of the class. They were so funny as usual. Next, on Thursday, Dr Wan asked us to do the crossword puzzle about about the waste water treatment. The questions were quite challenging for I didn't remember some of the term. But, it is okay because it can train us to remember what we had learnt and read. 

Overall, the topic of food spoilage is irresistible and I can practice what I had learnt from this topic in my daily life. Perhaps, before this I was not aware with the presence of microbes on food but after learning this topic I become more concern about what I might eat. (Microbes are all around us, beware !!). To add up, I realized learning is not only restricted in class, we can use that knowledge in our daily life. Always have the thought that everything that we learn is the lifelong learning including this learning about microbes. So, stay calm and enjoy your life :)



Microbes on cheese.. nyumm nyumm


Oh my strawberries !


Microbes are everywhere on and in our body ..


No comments:

Post a Comment