Sunday, March 29, 2015


Week : 4

Date : 
March 16, 2015 & 19 March, 2015

Topic : 
Distribution of MIcroorganisms

Actvities : 
Dr Wan finished the lecture on Microbial Interaction. Then we, proceeded our lesson on topic  Distribution of Microorganisms. We made a quick lesson since we only had one hour to finish the lecture. We had our test one on the next class. The questions were not too difficult but it became hard as I didn’t remembered what I had read. Sorry Dr :( After test, we had the discussion and explaination on POBL.





Notes :





Own Reading and Exploration :
I google up about this topic to have better understanding. Though we have learned this topic in semester one, there were some new terms that I was not familiar with. I was able to differentiate between psychrophile, mesophile and thermophile. Piezophilic bacteria is one of the new term which means that it needs both high salinity and pressure environment.

Reflection on This Topic :  
This topic is very interesting! I learnt a lot about the distribution of microorganisms. It  is all based on the physical and chemical factors that increase the probability of the microorganisms to reside at certain area.  I can apply it in my daily life especially in storage of food. I realized that every microorganisms has their own optimum temperature to grow and not necessary the food that we store in fridge is always fresh and free from microorganisms.  Moisture also affects the growth of microorganisms . Water activity of 1.0 indicates that the microorganisms need much water to grow. Maybe, I can share this knowledge with my mom and sister..

No comments:

Post a Comment